At Laceys we believe in making things simple, and will only charge you Rent, and a refundable Deposit equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent. We will not charge you a “Holding Deposit”, or any fees for Tenancy changes later on (all changes subject to Landlord approval).
Payable monthly in advance.
A refundable deposit equivalent to five weeks’ rent
Payable at the outset of a tenancy, this will be held by the Deposit Protection Service (DPS), and returned to you at the end of the tenancy provided that all rent has been paid and the property left in a clean and tidy condition.
NO Holding Deposit required
NO Tenancy Change/Renewal fees
See “Letting Fees” PDF for details regarding Default Fees/Payments, Payments to External Providers, and Other Permitted Payments
The advantages of paying a Deposit are numerous, including:-
- If you return the property in the same condition, and pay all the rent owed throughout the tenancy, the deposit is fully refundable.
- No element of the deposit is a non-refundable fee.
- It demonstrates to the Landlord that you are committed to looking after their property.
- If deductions are deemed necessary, but you don’t agree with us or the Landlord, you can ask the Deposit Protection Service to provide free-of-charge arbitration.
- No outcome will adversely affect your Credit Rating.
FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND
Redress available from "The Property Ombudsman"
We have a Complaints Handling Procedure, which is available upon request.
Protection by the “RICS Clients’ Money Protection Scheme”
As a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Regulated Firm, our clients can apply for help from the RICS Clients’ Money Protection Scheme. Click on the "RICS Client Money Protection" link for further information.